Thursday, December 31, 2009

From the Ancient Greek


Happy nearly New Year, everyone.

And just a quick reminder that the decade does not end with 2010. I have monumentally bad math skills, and even I get this. So get out those No. 2 pencils and ecoutez:

Deca comes from ancient Greek and means 10, as opposed to nine. So because a decade has 10 years in it, we are not at the end of the decade. This time next year (plus one day) will get us all the way. (And don't get me started over the "end" of the millennium in 2000. That still gives me a headache.)

If you have a resolution or two, share them in the comments box. I 'd love to hear from you.

Meanwhile, speak and count carefully on the roads tonight.

1 comment:

Kathy and Freddy said...

Happy New Year!
No resolutions for me, sorry, just keep keepin' on
I promise to drive carefully to and from PJs on my Golf Cart tonight.