Tuesday, December 29, 2009

An Expensive Day


Hello, again. It's been a bit since my last post. I hope you enjoyed reading about Karolyn Grimes as much as I enjoyed meeting her. A few days later, we had the opportunity to see the radio play It's a Wonderful Life at the American Theatre in Chicago. (Can we do a theme or what?) Not only is it a delightful annual production for the ATC, but they serve warm cookies and milk after each show. What's not to like.


But the wonderful life theme had to end eventually, specifically today. In that I'm about 17 loads of laundry behind, I ran a fast wash before work only to hear the machine screaming in agony during the rinse cycle. Sears can't come until 2010, but a local company can come tomorrow, bless them. Of course, the question is how much is too much to repair an appliance? The other question is, how come these stupid washers used to last forever and don't anymore? Get back to me on that.

While I was at work, the garage door spring exploded, scaring husband and dogs and the deer that were ambling around the front yard. Mercifully, the garage door people were circling the neighborhood and came to our rescue within an hour.


So what will be the third thing to croak?

3 comments:

Kathy and Freddy said...

Hmmmm looks like you had a Maytag... love the photo.
I hope this is your first dot from Chattanooga which is a nice little town, but I think you know that!

Anonymous said...

Try for a German made garage door...

Sharon said...

Unfortunately at my house everything breaks in 3's, maybe you'll be spared.