Saturday, April 23, 2011

Books, Glorious Books

Being the book geek that I am, I tend to hang out with those similarly wired. And a friend (and founding mother of) our book club is steering a book drive for Loaves and Fishes, Naperville's food pantry.

Each week, as families pick up groceries, they can grab a book for themselves and a couple for their kids.

That's the good news.

The great news is demand is exceeding supply.

So, Naperville and environs, do me this favor: Grab a paper sack, stand in front of your bookcase(s) and start to cull your literary herd. Call me or email me, and I'll make sure your books get to Barb, who will see to it that your generosity is channeled at the right time to the right people.

Fiction, non-fiction, and especially children's books are desired. (Lisa, also in our book club, bought 41 children's books at her library for 10 cents each and brought them to Barb just this week. A simple and generous investment that will fly off the shelf very quickly.)

Should it be that you don't know who/where I am (I have that problem myself, occasionally), I've left my email at the bottom of this post so we can arrange to get your books where they will be read and appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

A house without books is like a room without windows. ~ Heinrich Mann

suejohnpeteratgmaildotcom

3 comments:

BFL said...

If only I weren't 1,200 miles away. What a great idea.

Johanna said...

I'm confused. Do you mean demand is exceeding supply? Still a great idea even if I am also 1200 miles away.

Naperville Now said...

Oui. Economic terminology was never my strong suit.