Saturday, April 17, 2010

1001 Knobs

These mini bathroom renos have required steely determination. For the life of me, I can't find mirrors that will work in the gray bathroom, never mind the rose one (yes, I have a rose-colored bathroom. Don't ask the color theme of the powder room). So if you need me to tell you what mirrors are available to the buying public in the western suburbs, I'm your gal.

However, in the midst of all that driving all over creation,  I have found a store to gladden your heart: Bemmco Hardware in Lisle (on Ogden at Yackley), which bills itself as the "House of 1001 Knobs."

Need nickel hinges to replace the corroded brass hinges of the 1980s? Here you go!
Hardware that will cover the faded wood from the old pulls? Voila!
Need a little help getting the doors to close? Well, I'm working on that.

I have never seen so many hinges, pulls, knobs and hardware in one place. If there's a hardware heaven, honey, Bemmco's it.

1 comment:

Kathy and Freddy said...

yep that's a good place.. lots of ideas!