Monday, October 8, 2012

Details


An iPhone camera in the hands of someone who has enjoyed a fabulous wedding reception the night before will not make for crisp pictures. Nevertheless, I wanted to share these soaring views.

Clearly, ceiling white was not in the vocabulary of the Palmer House dreamers. (I'm going to have to read up on my Greek mythology, also shaky, to deduce who everyone is in these frescoes.)

A feast of marble and gilt, fresco and ancient history, and fresh-faced newlyweds in the midst of everything.

Happy wedding, you two. Happy life together.

And if you get a chance to stay downtown, at the very least, order afternoon tea in the lobby and soak it all in.











4 comments:

Irene said...

Such opulence! I don't know if I have the right outfit to wear around such beauty :o)

Kathy and Freddy said...

What fun, truly a piece of Chicago history!

Sharon said...

Next time I'm downtown I'll take a peek.

EG CameraGirl said...

Fancy!