Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Conflicted Part II

And two weeks later....

"See? Told you. Didn't hurt a bit."

"La la la. Not listening."

"Right side, we've talked about this already. It's easy. The wind comes along and our leaves get whisked away into piles AND into art projects involving waxed paper. Everyone wins."

"Listen, sticks, just because all the leaves are falling doesn't mean I have to. Look around. There are plenty of trees still leafy and green. I'm going to hold out as long as I can. Besides, I can tell you're all shivery and need my protection."

"Thoughtful, right side, but I'm doing okay. Really."

"You look painfully thin to me."

"A momentary silhouette. In a scant 6 months, we will be an arborist's dream."

"Six months is a long time."

"So we'll take long naps. And dream about next year. Just like the Cubs."

"Don't get me started on the Cubs."

"I love it when you go all scarlet."




2 comments:

Carol said...

I just realized why I find these posts so touching. The dialogue style reminds me of my very favorite childhood story, which still makes me cry when I read it to this day: The Happy Prince by Oscar Wilde.
http://www.online-literature.com/poe/177/

Naperville Now said...

The swallow is the Brahmin in the video you posted tonight.
Thank you for your kind words and for sharing your stories.