Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Blonde Hair, Leather Jacket & 20 Years Younger

Sorry, no graphics to go along with that title, you voyeurs. But this notion, of what we look like and how we dress, has me asking: what does it take to get noticed? What does it take to be taken seriously? And is a leather jacket THAT necessary? One can certainly buy the look, but there's not much one can do with the 20 years part. THAT, I own. And with each day, I own a little bit more.

My friend Beth believes (with all her heart) that on any given day, we are where we are meant to be. Can one believe that AND believe in free will at the same time? What if I'm overlooking something? What if I'm on the black square instead of the red square? What if I was rooting around in the pantry when directions were being given out? Am I, in fact, a really crappy listener and therefore, nowhere NEAR where I'm supposed to be?

In any case, tonight I'll be seated next to a glass of Signal Mountain. Maybe two. But not at the same time.

1 comment:

Kathy and Freddy said...

But, we still would like to see the graphics, please.