Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Baskets of Rwanda

It's February and just too cold to do much of anything, except remember July.

But if you're looking for a way to toast your soul up a bit, head out to Costco on Hwy. 59. The store is selling Rwandan Fair Trade baskets, hand woven by the women of Rwanda.

The income derived from these lovely baskets will directly help support the people who made them in a country that has been decimated by genocide and unspeakable poverty.







You can read more about this worthy endeavor here.

And as for Costco, nice going, everyone. I like a warehouse store with a conscience.

3 comments:

BFL said...

How great is that! Wish I were in the neighborhood; I'd definitely be buying.

Kathy and Freddy said...

I love Costco. I want to marry it.

Naperville Now said...

Kak, you kill me.